Slash Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowboys Don't Cry.

2 posters

Go down

Cowboys Don't Cry. Empty Cowboys Don't Cry.

Post by Angel Precious McDaniel's Sun May 22, 2011 4:41 am

Her daddy gave her, her first pony
Then taught her to ride
She climbed high in that saddle
Fell I don't know how many times
Taught her a lesson that she learned
Maybe a little too well

Dustin grinned brightly as he pulling the horse from the barn. His youngest baby Devin, who was already four sat in Chris's arms, giggling like crazy. His father had said he had a surprise for his and when his daddy said that he never disappointed him.
"Ohhh! Daddy gots a new horsiee!!!"
Dustin chuckled and shook his head.
"Yes daddy got a new horse but ya know Devin, daddy didn't get em for himself."
Devin took a moment, thinking before his eyes bulged.
"D-Did daddy get it for me!!!" He bounced in Chris's arms excitedly as Dustin stood in front of him with the young mare.
"Yes sir, daddy got you a horse." He had gotten Dewayne one too, Dewayne's horse was beautiful. It was a bay Clydesdale, a beautiful light brown, except for its white its forehead and nose. The small boy had named it Dumpling. This was kind of a special thing he had with all his children. He had gotten Lance his own horse too, Lance's horse had been a Appaloosa, A stallion who was solid white but adorned the most beautiful black spots. Lance had loved the horse and was still close with it, as was Dewayne and his horse, Lance had names his Renegade. And he had gotten one for Titan too, he had yet to give it to his other son, not seeing him much but the one he had for Titan was a Grey, his coat sleek and whitish grey, shimmering in the light. Dustin had just called it Spec. Now he had this one for Devin...his baby boy. Dustin hated it but he really did share a special bond with Devin, he hated it for Chris really but he couldn't help it, Devin was his little man. The one he had for Devin was a chestnut, the horse he thought was the prettiest because of its golden color. Devin licked his lips and pulled away from Chris, hugging his father around the legs. Dustin scooped him up with one arm and grinned.
"Alrighty then, whatcha wanna call em Dev?"
Devin hummed lightly, grinning at the horse, "History!!"
Dustin paused, looking at Devin. "History?"
"Yeah! Tuss whoever I wace will be history!"
Dustin shook his head, what a kid.
"Alright well, ready to ride cow boy!?"
"Yes sir!"

Cowgirls don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
lessons of life are going to show you in time
soon enough your gonna know why
it's gonna hurt every now and then
if you fall get back on again
Cowgirls don't cry

Devin took a deep breath as his father sat him in the horses saddle. He held onto the reins tight and kicked lightly. "Come on History!!" He called out, the horse took a few steps before getting into a comfortable trot. Dustin grinned and nodded, clapping his hands at his son as the horse took him around the fields.
Chris sighed softly as he wanted, his stomach burned,that should be his and Dustin's child...It was always on his mind now days but he was dealing with it and trying to love Devin as if the boy was his own. Dustin turned to look at him, sighing softly as the look on his lovers face. He stepped over to Chris and wrapped his arms around his waist.
"You alright sugar?" The man questioned softly.
Chris nodded, leaning back against him. "Yeah im fine..." He looked up at the house and then at Dustin. "I need to go check on Kelton..."
Dustin nodded and let him go. "You do that."
Chris gave a sigh,regretting that he ever told Dustin the baby was Rick's, now he just know Kelton and his father would not have a good relationship. It was apparent Dustin was not wanting to love him like he did all of his other children. Yes it was also apparent he was trying but that was not the same as actually being able to look at Kelton with all the love he looked at Devin and Lance and Dewayne with. Chris had disappeared into the house and had only been gone for a moment when Devin's scream echoed out. Dustin's heart jumped into his throat and his head whipped around too see his son hit the ground and the horse ride off.
"Shit!" Dustin cursed, and he was by Devin's side in seconds, down on his knees and gently checking the small child over.
Devin was crying, holding his arm as his father stood him up and dusted him off.
"Hey now partner, ya have yarself a fall?"
The boy nodded, wiping the tears away with little hands. "Y-Yes sir!"
"Whatcha crying for?" Dustin wiped the tears away with his own thumbs.
"T-Tuss it hurt!" The boy stuttered.
"Alright, its okay, look here. Stop all that crying baby, your okay."
"B-But daddy..." Devin looked at him with those big green teary eyes,
"No butts baby, your my little cowboy right?"
"y-yessir!"
"Well look here, cowboys don't cry." He brushed the hair from his child's face.
"Wh-Why not?"
"Because, crying don't ever help and lesson's of life will show you soon enough, you'll know why. its better to brush it off." He brushed Devin's back. "And get back and on finish your ride there kiddo. Okay?"
"O-Okay." Devin nodded, his tears slowing.
"That ma'boy." Dustin flagged the horse down, got him calm and sat Devin back in the saddle before letting him go again. The boy picked back up like a natural.
"Woo-Hoo!!!!! There ya go! Ride baby ride!" Dustin waved his arms and gave a thumb up

She grew up
She got married
Never was quite right
She wanted a house, a home and babies
He started coming home late at night
She didn't let him see it break her heart
She didn't let him see her fall apart

Devin was dragging himself back home, he was devastated. He had just made love to Lane on there one year anniversary and who's name does he call?
Alex's! That's who!
Devin's didn't cry much at all but this was heart breaking to him. How could Lane still love his mother so fucking much? He was not the one who had been with Lane for a year without thinking of someone else. He was the one who would never leave Lane, so why did he get all the love for all of Devin's hard work.
He let out a frustrated sob, finally seeing his home and trudging up the steps, it was late, his family probably already in bed and asleep by now. He quietly entered the home, warm tears coursing down his cheeks. He sometimes wished he had never went to Lane. He wished he was still not caring about his fucks, it wouldn't hurt so much if he did but there was no use now. he was in love and there was nothing he could do about it. Lance would just keep on hurting him and he couldn't leave him or make it stop...
He jumped a foot in there air when someone took his arm. He swung, only to have his arm caught by his father.
"O-Oh...daddy...."
Dustin frowned deeply at his son's tears, letting his arms go and looking into his eyes.
"Devin....Baby..."
He had taught his son not to cry unless he really needed to and when he needed to it was never good and Dustin hated it. He had always hated seeing his babies cry and Devin was no exception, he even hated it more when Devin cried. Maybe he was making up for the fact that the boy couldn't have his mother and father but either way, Devin was his little cowboy no matter how much he wanted to say it was annoying and he wasn't a kid anymore...
"I-I know daddy, I know, I shouldn't be crying." He sniffled lightly, wiping his eyes but Dustin shook his head. "Its okay baby, you can cry. Come here and talk to daddy."

'cause Cowgirls don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
lessons of life are goinna' show you in time
soon enough your gonna know why
it's gonna hurt every now and then
if you fall get back on again
Cowgirls don't cry

Dustin too his son into his room and shut the door. Chris was asleep, everyone was asleep really so it was just him and Devin in his son's room. He laid on the bed and pulled Devin into his arms, turning the picture of Devin and his lover on the dressed face down. "Its alright baby, Daddy is here." He cooed softly. Devin cried harder into his fathers chest. This was a thing with them. Whenever Devin needed help he called his daddy and Dustin was there, his father was always there for him even when he was being a little prick which he knew he was sometimes. This was a small ritual they had, whenever Devin was upset, usually only when it was bad enough he was crying they would curl up together, and Devin would let his father hold him and coddle him, and make everything okay for him.
"Daddy...."
"Yes hun?"
"You think o-one day he will love me like that."
Dustin sighed and hugged him close. "If he don't he is one hellva stupid asshole aint he?"
Devin couldn't help bit give a small giggle. "Y-Yes sir..."
"And I can honestly say I cannot like, you crying over here." He nodded.
Devin sighed and tried to stop his tears. "You don't like me crying over anything..."
"Well baby, I think its okay to cry when you need to, I just dont like thinking a man can hurt you like this darling. I can't like it and it makes me wanna beat his ass."
"D-Daddy don't...please?"
"I wont baby but Ill be damned if I don't mind too, your my little cow boy remember?"
"Dad, im not a baby anymore..."
"You'll always be my baby."
"Your annoying..." But he loved it...

Phone rang early one morning
Her momma's voice, she'd been crying
Said it's your daddy, you need to come home
This is it, I think he's dying
She laid the phone down by his head
The last words that he said

Devi chuckled, rolling his eyes at his older brothers. Dewayne and Lane had him over at Dewayne's house, they were having a little sleep over. All had been down since there father had been sick and today they had finally just gotten together to have a good time since last thing they heard was there father was doing good and feeling better. He had been diagnosed with bone cancer a few months ago and according to Mike, if he died this time he might not be coming back. So they had all moved back in with their parents to take care of there father who protested about being fine and not needed to uproot anyone. Last thing he said to them before they left was "See you Monday boys, have a good time, I love yall."
Dewayne looked up as the phone rang, groaning lightly and looking over at his brother. "You get that? Please?"
Devin rolled his eyes but grabbed up the phone none the less.
"Hello?"
"H-Hey..." Chris's voice wavered and cracked, splintering like a lock that was giving in under the weight of something.
"Mom?"
"Y-Yeah..Devin?"
"Yeah momma, whats wrong? He frowned deeply, pressing the phone closed to his ear.
You could hear Chris sniffling and sobbing a bit, and Dustin's rasping something at him in the back ground. Devin's heart dropped, he looked at his brothers, his eyes wide and afraid.
"Guys....I think something is wrong with Daddy..."
The other two boys had the same devastated frightened look on their faces.

Cowgirl don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
Lessons of life show us all in time
Too soon God lets you know why
If you fall get right back on
Good Lord calls everybody home
Cowgirl don't cry

Devin listened, tears springing to his ears as he hear his fathers voice, it was so weak...it trembled...Devin had never heard it like that.
"D-Daddy?"
"P-Put It on sp-speaker baby." Dustin directed, the sound of a bed creaking under what Devin guessed to be Chris's weight as he laid his head on Dustin's chest like he did.
Devin turned it to speaker and looked at his brothers.
"Alright boys....C-Can yall all hear meh alright?"
All boys huddled close and nodded.
"Yes sir..." They said unison.
Chris could be heard arguing, he got the phone back and by the sound of a door clicking shut they knew Chris had taken the phone away.
"Look babies...This is it, i think he's dying. So just whatever he says...You know." Christ sighed and stepped back in the room.
They boys all wore the same lost look.
"We can come home right now! Don't worry we ar-"
Dustin's coughing cut Dewayne off.
"Y-You all stop it right n-now." He rasped. "Yall wont make it in time so jus stay and listen boys."
They nodded, all already crying softly.
"Okay daddy..."
"Now I love yall, all of yall...So much and I know yall know ill always be in yar hearts." He nodded and sighed...
"I love yall."
After this silence Devin put it off speaker, knowing Dustin was still there. He stepped from the room and sighed.
"D-Daddy?"
"Yeah baby...Im here....I-I gotta tell you one more thing though. Just you..."
Devin whimpered, his tears falling faster.
"Hey cowboy, dont cry....Imma be gone but ill be with you alright? You know im always there even if ya cant see me alright?"
"O-Okay daddy!" Devin sobbed into the phone as his fathers breathing slowly came to a stop.
Dustin was gone.
He always said Cowboys didn't cry, but maybe he just didnt see how bad it could be on a cow boy, HIS cowboy when they lost their daddy...The man they always leaned on...
Yes, Cowboys didn't cry but baby boys did when their fathers left them.
What Devin wouldn't give for his father to hold him and call him his cowboy one more time....
If only to hear his father say...
"Cowboys don't cry.."

Last edited by Angel Precious McDaniel's on Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel Precious McDaniel's
Angel Precious McDaniel's

Back to top Go down

Cowboys Don't Cry. Empty Re: Cowboys Don't Cry.

Post by Gabriel Johnson Sun May 22, 2011 10:16 am

GAH I hate you.
Stop making me cry over stuff!!!!
Razz
This is amazing though <333
I love it so much
Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum