Slash Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who You'd Be Today

Go down

Who You'd Be Today Empty Who You'd Be Today

Post by Mike Mizanin Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 am

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe you're gone

Jake Hager sighed as he looked up into the clear blue sky. The sun warmed his skin as he walked around the park. There was a small breeze, today was perfect. The park, very big with a water fountain in the middle, green grass seemed to go on forever after you stepped off of the concert that surrounded the fountain. Jake sat on a bench beside the fountain. These were the days that hurt the most.

Jake felt Mike everywhere, especially at this park. This was where Mike first told him he loved him. As he looked up he could clearly see Mike's face, bright baby blue eyes, plump pink lips turned up in a smile. Jake hear his laugh, it was so precious but now it haunted him. He just couldn't believe Mike, his Mike was gone.

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
The death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder who you'd be today

Jake shook his head as he felt that familiar sting of tears. It was not fair. Mike had only been twenty eight years old. He was gone because some drunk stupid bastard decided to drive home. Just because of that, the love of his life was gone.

Jake missed Mike so much. He couldn't sleep the whole night through, he would wake up and reach for Mike, only to feel the empty spot beside him and remember. It had been a year today, and every minute without his Mike had been hell. Out of all the things Jake wondered like "Why him?" or "Will I ever get over it?" The one that stood out was "Who would he be today?" And that was the one he would never get an answer to,

Would you see the world?
Would you chase your dreams?
Settle down with a family?
I wonder, what would you name your babies?
Some days the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy

What would Mike have done? Would he had said yes when Jake asked him to marry him. Jake had already bought the ring and was just waiting for the perfect moment. What if they had babies? What would Mike want to name them? He had always liked Sydney for a girl and Lane for a boy.

Jake looked up at the cloudless blue sky, he bit his lip before speaking softly.
"Hey Mikey, I mith you...I can't believe it hath already been a year."
He felt like Mike was listening.

Today, Today, Today
Today, Today, Today

The first tear of the day fell. It was only one of many to come.
"Mikey, I with I could hold you one more time, kith you, and tell you I love you. I want to know you hear me." Jake sniffled as he wiped his eyes. "I thill can't believe your gone."

Jake sat on the bench and talked all day. To most people he was just an insane freak, to some he was a man who carried a great grief. But to the angel who sat beside him on the bench he was just Jake. Sweet, loving, caring Jake.

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know I'll see you again someday
Someday, Someday
Mike Mizanin
Mike Mizanin
Admin

Back to top Go down