Slash Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The 9th Day Of Christmas Your Mikey Gave To You<3

Go down

On The 9th Day Of Christmas Your Mikey Gave To You<3 Empty On The 9th Day Of Christmas Your Mikey Gave To You<3

Post by Kevin Riley Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 am

I dont know if you want this as a present or not, ill probably wind up coming back and making you one with a pairing but this was just inspired. I hope you like it anyways, love you<3
On The 9th Day Of Christmas Your Mikey Gave To You<3 Alex910

His early mornin' attitude
You have to drag him out of bed
Only frosted flakes will do
He gets that from me
Yeah,he gets that from me

Mike gave a tired smile as he pulled the puffy blue comforter off his oldest child.
"Kevin, get your ass up!" Mike tugged at his arm. This was normal, this was actually how Mike usually was. You had to drag him out of bed, just like he was doing Kevin.
"Five more minutes momma, pleaseeeee." Kevin's muffled whine sounded through the room.
Mike rolled his eyes at his child but ruffled his hair none the less.
"Five more minutes...." Mike said softy as he went to get them breakfast. A small smile playing on Mike's lips as he thought of just how like him Kevin really was.

Mike made bacon and eggs, crispy and sunny side up, the way Mike and Kevin loved them. Jessica was with Sarah, didn't care to attend the wedding today and Aaron...there was no way Mike was bringing Aaron, no if Mike could he would leave him with Quincy more often. Mike was deep in thought, not even noticing when Kevin crept up behind him and hugged him tightly around the waist. Kevin kissed his mother's cheek with a grin before sitting down to eat.

His curly hair and his knobby knees
The way the sun brings those freckles out
Talk and talk never miss a beat
Yeah,he gets that from me
He gets that from me

Mike watched his baby from across the table, Kevin not even paying attention as he chowed down. Mike really was a good cook but that aside today Mike was feeling different, weird...He was officially a single mother up here. He no longer had a husband, Alex was changing not only his last name but Mike's too.

Mike had let his head drop down to stare at his plate, he slowly picked it up when Kevin sung his song...well hummed it, Kevin didnt know the words. Kevin was so handsome, the perfect mix of him and Alex. His hair, though colored like Alex's was straighter like his. Kevin had those damn freckles Mike was cursed with, when the sun hit his face just right they were prominent and very cute.

Mike was so engrossed in thought he hadn't heard Kevin talking to him.
"C'mon momma, we're gonna be late...." He watched as Kevin took his plate to go wash it before departing and going to his room, coming out in a sleek black tux. Kevin looked amazing.....Kevin looked like Alex.....

Mike tried to smile as Kevin took his hand and pulled him from the house and back into the world of the living, and towards the church the event was being held at. Mike was quiet, sinking deeper, and deeper into depression as Alex gave his heart away.

"So momma, you ready for this?"
"No baby, Im not."
"Then why come?"
"Because he is my Alex and he wants me there."
"But it hurts you."
"I know....."

The continued to walk in silence before Kevin was tired of it and changed the subject.
"Can you speak another language?"
Mike rolled his bright blue eyes, his baby was so random.

He looks at me with those big brown eyes
He's got me in the palm of his hands
And I swear sometimes
It's just like you're here again
He smiles that little crooked smile
There's no denying he's your child
Without him I don't know what I'd do
He gets that from you
Oh,he gets that from you

Mike refused to look Kevin in the eyes. His sons eyes changed from Mike's bright blue to Alex's light brown and it killed him to look into those familiar eyes. Kevin knew this, he knew why his momma would not meet his gaze. He knew his momma better than anyone and he had control over it most of the time. Not like he was using his mother, he just knew how to handle him and get what he wanted.
He had talked Mike into going today.

Mike grinned as Kevin remind him of his hus-.....exhusband. He wasn't all alone...without Alex, Kevin was so much like his father he made it just like Alex was still there with Mike sometimes. Mike had one thing Lane would never have, four beautiful babies that he and Alex made together. Mike had once again fallen deep into the thought, when he looked up he was met with that goofy, crooked smile.
No denying who his daddy is....

Mike didn't know what he would do without his baby, without his Kevin. He didn't think he would be able to take it. Mike hated being alone and his baby kept him company.
Mike would never be able to get along without him.
Just like with Alex. Mike still watched over him.
Without his boys he wouldn't know what to do.

How he loves your old guitar
Yeah, he's taught himself to play
He melts my heart
Tells me he loves me every day
And cracks jokes at the perfect time
Makes me laugh when I want to cry
That boy is everything to me
He gets that from you
He gets that from you

Kevin was desperate to meet his father. He wanted to know him, he wanted his father to love him like Kevin already loved him. All Kevin wanted was approval, he wanted Alex to know he existed, wanted to be close to his daddy. He knew it would be hard and today he wouldnt be able to meet him, he didnt wanna fuck up his fathers wedding day.

They entered the room, transparent as hell...just in time to see the kiss and here the 'I do's'.
They were in the back, leaned against the wall.
He held his mothers hand, and told him he loved him.
All while pretending his mother wasn't crying.

"Well momma...A husband is like a fire, he goes out when unattended. It wont last." Kevin grinned over to his mother, his heart cracking at the broken smile.
They both knew it would.
But Mike still let out a strangled laugh.
What would he do without Kevin....

Last night I heard him pray
Lord, help me and mama make it through
And tell daddy we'll be okay
He said he sure misses you
He sure misses you
He really misses you
He gets that from me

Mike couldn't stay long, he couldn't take it. He went home only minutes after, Kevin trailing right behind him. The rest of the day was quiet, Mike was just....You couldn't explain it, his husband had just remarried the man he loved more. Alex had swore he wouldn't ever even move on. What a joke, and how naive and stupid he had been to believe it.

It was late into the night, Mike had been trying to sleep. He had curled up with Kevin that night, apparently Kevin thought he was asleep because Mike heard him, he was praying.....
Kevin had his mother in his lap, his hands clasped as he bowed his head.

"God....Please help me and momma through this. I know this is killing him and its not fair, its just not fair butt hen again...nothing is fair. And daddy, I don't know him but I want to so bad. He doesn't even know I exist but he knows momma does....Tell him im taking care of momma for him, let him know that. And momma misses him, momma misses him so much. And even if I don't know him I want to.....tell him for me please, and take care of momma. Ahmen."
It got silent, and only minutes later Kevin's soft snores filled the room.
Mike gave a small smile and kissed his baby's cheek.

"What would I do without you...."
Good thing it seemed he wouldn't even have to worry about that.
Kevin Riley
Kevin Riley

Back to top Go down