Slash Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song)

2 posters

Go down

You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song) Empty You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song)

Post by Critter Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Sidewalk flyin’ beneath my bike
A five year-old’s first taste
Of what freedom’s really like
He was runnin’ right beside me
His hand holdin’ on the seat
I took a deep breath and hollered
As I headed for the street

Cameron grinned as the cool October breeze chilled her face as she was pushed on her new pink bike. To a five year old this was one of the best feelings in the world. She glanced over at her father from the corner of her eye. He was pushing her, teaching her how to ride her bike. His hand on the seat holding her steady.
As they neared the side walk, she felt she was ready. “You can let go now daddy!” She squealed and in only seconds she felt his hands leave the bike.

You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Oh, I think I’m ready
To do this on my own
It’s still a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I’ll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go

She crashed soon after he let go but she was ready to try again as he rushed to get to her. He picked her up and examined her, making sure she was okay.

“Daddy, im fine now lets go again.” She took his hand and he took the bike as she lead him back home so they could regroup and start over. It hurt to fall but she knew as long as her daddy was around she was safe.

I was standin’ at the altar
Between the two loves of my life
To one I’ve been a daughter
To one I soon would be a wife
When the preacher asked,
‘Who gives this woman?’
Daddy’s eyes filled up with tears
He kept holdin’ tightly to my arm
‘Till I whispered in his ear

Cameron was grinning from ear to ear as she stood between her daddy and her soon to be husband. She knew this would be hard on her daddy but it was time he let her go into the world on her own. She would always be his little girl. She could see his lover Alex from the corner of her eye, giving him worried looks.

The preacher looked at her daddy and asked, “Who gives this woman?”
She looked at her father as he did not let go of her arm. She sighed as she saw tears in his eyes, she had only even seen him cry a handful of times.

“Lane McCormick does.” He answered. She leaned into her daddy’s ear. “Its okay now daddy, you know I will miss you but he will treat me good…You’ll see and if he don’t you can kill him." She smiled at the light joking as Critter sighed and kissed her cheek, letter her go and going to sit with his lover.

You can let go
Oh, I think I’m ready
To do this on my own
It still feels a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I’ll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go

She said ‘I do’ and that was that, she had been given away but that was okay because she would always be daddy’s little girl. Her and her new husband were getting ready for the honey moon but she couldn’t leave without hugging him goodbye and letting him know she loved him and she was still his little girl inside.

She didn’t have a mother but that was okay, she had her daddy and he was good enough. Her daddy was an amazing man, so strong and always fighting. He was strong and rough but he had a soft spot for his baby.

It was killin’ me to see
The strongest man I ever knew
Wastin’ away to nothin’
In that hospital room
‘You know he’s only hangin’ on for you’
That’s what the night nurse said
My voice and heart were breakin’
As I crawled up in his bed, and said

Cameron’s body trembled as she got off the phone with Alex; he fathers lover. Her daddy was getting worse and probably wouldn’t make it much longer. Alex had told her he was only hanging on for her and him. Cameron had to see him. She drove from Tennessee all the way to L.A to see her daddy.

When she got there they immediately let her see him and it broke her heart. The strongest man she had even known was wasting away to nothing. She sniffled as she climbed up into his bed; Alex had gone to go get some things from the house leaving them alone. Critter weakly lifted a hand and she took it, pressing it to cheek.

“Hey baby…..” It was a hollow sound, nothing like the strong, firm voice of her father.
“Hey daddy…….” She felt the tears coming.

You can let go
Your little girl is ready
To do this on my own
It’s gonna be a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I’ll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go
You can let go

“You can let go now daddy, you can let go……I can do this on my own…I’ll be okay but I will miss you so much.” The tears fell. “But I know your hurting so its okay, you can let go.” She kissed his cheek as he began to protest.

“Daddy, its okay. I’ll take care of Alex and him and my husband will take care of me. We will be okay but we will miss you…I love you.” She laid her head on his chest. She fell asleep to the steady buzz of the heart monitor as her father slipped away.
Critter
Critter

Back to top Go down

You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song) Empty Re: You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song)

Post by Alex Riley Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Aww... damn you. I'm crying now. You now how much of a wimp i am Sad
Alex Riley
Alex Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song) Empty Re: You Can Let Go Now Daddy(Cameron's song)

Post by Critter Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Awwwwww don't cry! Im sorry for writing it!
God it sucks so bad it makes you cry?<3
I hate it
Critter
Critter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down