Slash Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walk A Little Straighter Daddy....

Go down

Walk A Little Straighter Daddy.... Empty Walk A Little Straighter Daddy....

Post by Kevin Riley Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:05 am

I remember looking up
To look up to him
And I remember most the time
He wasn't there
I'd be waiting at the door
When he got home at night
He'd pass me by to go to pass out in his chair

Alex Jr loved his father, that was known. He would never hate his father even though at times he wanted to. But no, Alex had always looked up to his daddy. Most of the time his father was fighting with is mother so when Alex would wait up to see if he had time to throw the ball with him, his father was always busy with his momma. Alex didn't blame him, momma was a handful but Alex Jr was momma's boy, he loved his momma more than anything. When he would wait up, sometime his father would storm from his parents room and plop down on the couch,Alex simply sighed and got ready for bed.

And I'd say
Walk a little straighter daddy
You're swaying side to side
You're footsteps make me dizzy
And no matter how I try
I keep tripping and stumbling
If you'd look down here you'd see
You're leading me

Alex Jr remembered alot from when he was a baby. He remembered hearing a loud banging sound and then seeing his momma's poor bruised face. He knew daddy had him him. So the night Alex Jr had actually hit his mother, it was just another example of his following the footsteps of his father. He was upset with himself, hated what he had done, just like his father.

He did alot because of his father, he felt like it was his job to protect momma because that is what his father always did. He also got jealousy from him father. He was jealous of Aaron. He fucking hated his half brother. He despised Critter and Quincy, his mother and father were supposed to be together forever but no, they weren't. His father had moved on and his mother had nowhere to turn.

He stumbled in the gym
On graduation day
And I couldn't help but feel
So ashamed
And I wasn't surprised a bit
When he didn't stay
He stumbled out before they called my name

Sydney was always his father favorite, Alex was his mothers....Even so, he loved his father but he couldn't help but he hurt the day of his graduation. His momma had died maybe a month or so prier. His father had stepped into that gym and he had stayed...just long enough for them to call Sydney.

Alex had been expecting to be able to look out into the crowd and see his father but no. His father had left before they called Alex. His mother was gone and his father just didn't care anymore. Alex tried not to think about it, tried to pass it off but it just didn't work. He had become angry with his father.

And I thought
It's not just me who's watching
you've caught everybody's eye
And you're tripping and stumbling
and even though I've turned 18
You're still leading me

The angry he felt towards his father only worsened when he got with Critter. His mother was supposed to be his fathers one and only, forever and always. Alex had even heard them one time. He had gone to talk to his parents one night, it was late and right before he opened the door he heard them talking.

He knew better than to eavesdrop but he couldn't help it. He pressed his ear to the door and he had listened, listened as his father assured he would never move on after his mother, listened as his father had the gall to be upset because his mother said he loved his father more. Now as he watched Critter and his father, the anger was present but so was the voice in his head, his mothers voice telling him to take it easy of his father.

The old mans still like he always was
But I love him anyway
If I've learned one thing from him
Its my kids will never have to say

Now Alex was a man, he had a wife and two wonderful babies. He had two little boys, one Mike and the other was Dewayne. His babies would never have to look up and he not be their. He would always have time for them, he would always he a good daddy for them, good so he could lead them. He knew he would screw up, everyone made mistakes but he would be the best daddy ever.

Alex finally got it up to forgive his father for everything he had ever done to hurt him. Their was many things but not once in his life had he ever hated his father. No, he couldn't hate his daddy, his mother had made for damn sure he would never hate his daddy. He was now able to be around his with and his step dad Lane..Critter. It still hurt but his father was walking straighter than ever. He was jealous and bothered, his father hadn't been so stable with his mother but that was the roll of the dice, he was okay, his daddy was okay.

You're footsteps make me dizzy
And no matter how I try
I keep tripping and stumbling
if you'd look down here you'd see
You're leading me
Yeah walk a little straighter daddy
You're leading me
Kevin Riley
Kevin Riley